Monday, December 18, 2006

How'ta Take a Fall

"I fell outta my bed"
"Sounds like a tough way to wake up, Ghost."
"Well I s'pose you could say that if'n I'd actually 'woke"
"How's that?"
"Well, the last time I took a 6-foot drop like that they kicked a stool from 'neath my feet and stretched my neck. So I guess, historically speakin', I'm accustomed to takin' a spill an' sort of sleepin' through the aftermath. It's a strange thing "wakin' up" with the ceilin' further 'way than you're use'ta seein' it, an' spectin' that the headache you got is connected to the fact you went pirate style roun' a bottle of rum with your 'quaintances."
"So you didn't get that cut above your eye or that bruise on your ass from a knife fight or being hit by a car?"
"Naw. This was a bona fide retribution for accusin' the lord of payin' no attention when I suggest that he place his han' on somebody what's misbehaved."
"Serves you right."

8 comments:

Hedy De Vine said...

them's some mighty fine cheeks you got there, ghost. tis a shame you caused a blemish.

The Ghost of John Brown said...

Hedy: Only prollem with the picture you're talkin' bout is it don' quite show the detail necessary to reveal the boils I got on my ass from sittin' in class learnin' how to be a snake.

Hedy De Vine said...

i got one o' them there dig-i-tal cameras, if'n you needs it.

The Ghost of John Brown said...

Some things are jes better lef' ta myst'ry

mama mia said...

my first bloggin adventure...
I thought I tole ya ta shorten dem bunk legs..but didya lissen? hell no...thas what ya get fo jumpin on the bed

mama mia said...

were you jumpin with ole tip a toes?

The Ghost of John Brown said...

Mama: Ain't you been payin; attention? That sum'bitch is deader'n a doornknell. I tell you what.

lesley said...

I think Hedy might have already told you but I LOVE your "retribution" picture. It never ceases to crack me up. gold star for you.